Tuesday 10 April 2012

Task 2b

Reflective Writing....... Dance Club

Dance Club took place every Thursday after school for an hour and a half for 4 weeks. The dance was choregraphed by Natalia and bought into the school I work with my children. The dance was Price Tag and the aim was to teach this and take the performance to Millfield theatre at the end. I enjoyed every session of this and made me really think about my career path. Before the first session i was terribly nervous and dreaded it, i felt there was alot of pressure on me as my school expected something good and it was almost another job interview for me. Therefore I knew I needed to make them proud. After every club i used to go home and really sit and thing, this is what i want to do. Even though I didn't come up with the choreography i confidently was able to chip in and do extra rehearsals with them. Id come out feeling great and positive about the next session and think I can do this. I got so much out of it, it was so rewarding to see how much the children enjoyed it and how proud the other teachers were of the children, it made me proud of them. I enjoyed giving the children credit for what they had acheived. I would love to know how people build up the confidence, the journey to doing this on a bigger scale, more children etc. I am very glad I had Natalia to work with on this as she is alot more confident and capable than me but we do work very well as a team too. A key thinkg that got me through this process was having faith that they will pull it off and learn the material. I learnt alot about myself through the process and want people to remember that i under estimate and panic what I am capable of. The routine as a whole went very well and I collected the children everyday in the last week for half an hour rehearsal time which worked well and helped me individually.This made me have the time to use my teaching skills and again just do the school proud. I also learnt i feed off of people better than doing something alone but i suppose I haven't done this thing alone before and I am sure one day I shall. I dicovered I do have a passion for teaching and having an outcome with what I teach. Interestingly Natalia is doing this course and has wrote about this aswell, it really interests me that we both will have a different style of talking about this and what we have wrote. I suppose this links to reflection in that every persons thought process throughout something is so different. As you can see I used grid in the handbook to help me write this, which was needed for me. I must say it amazes me how certain methods can make you think so deeply. Some of the answers i wrote I wouldn't have wuite matched with certain open questions.

2 comments:

  1. Claire good to read about the events and to the connections with what others are doing on the course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look around for others on the course as well - Emily Arnold is doing work with education - doing Part 3 you may want to visit her blog.

    ReplyDelete