Wednesday 9 May 2012

Task 3a

The Networked Professional
It took me to ask other students to break down what professional networking was before I could discuss it. I realised in all professions it happens. To start with my profession, in my school alone we have to meet weekly for a 'business meeting' where everything that is happening around the school is discussed from health and safety to birthdays. all of the information of what is going on goes onto the 'fronter' so everyone can access this and get into contact with colleges on this. All teachers around the borough meet up for courses, meetings or moderation etc. They use websites to engage in others practises and know what schoools are doing.
Recently I have been going to a zumba class and I am really interested in it. The instructor put on her facebook the other day about training so I contacted her and she informed me about training days and what it can be used for ect. Immediatly I sent a message out on facebook to pe co ordinater of the school which then ment he could inform who needs to know.
My school do a thing called Commenus. These are trips abroad. Unfortunatly I have not been lucky enough to go yet but I have been asked to the next one which is in Hungary! These trips consist of teachers from several schools all around the world and they visit one school together. They are able to learn through each others practise. They then do a presentation to the other colleges back at school and they use this to share with the others on the trips. Its a reall good way to see how different other practises are  through a networking event.
Many practisioners use networking as an advantage to either sell or show their work. I have attended a business networking event which I spoke about in task1. They filmed it all and put it on youtube for others to see. It was a chance for other businesses to meet others and help eachother. My boyfriend attends a business meeting weekly where all different people who run businesses meet and sell there bussness. They contact eachother through emails and can  promote anything they want by just sending to all there links. Others people use facebook or twitter to share their work. People who perform uploads images or videos to want people to like or comment on it. Chickenshed uses the internet all the time to network to others what is on.
Events, issues, statements, shows, celebs are always spoken about verbally or through sites on the internet. Before you know it everyone knows if you want them too. Networking is very imprtant to many professions and is key to success.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, I also work in a school. Our team meet at the end of each day. I find this time really useful as I can download my thoughts and issues on the days events. As I'm sure you know, working with young people can be very demanding, so its important for us to have the space to communicate with colleagues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi thanks for your comment sorry it's taken ages.
    i completly agree this time couldn't be aymore important!!

    Out of interest what age do you work with?

    ReplyDelete